How does coaching differ from consulting?
In short, if you want something technical done for you, such as financial analysis, hire a consultant. If you want to expand your business knowledge in areas that you may never have considered need your attention, hire a coach.
Business Coaching differs from Business Consulting in that the evaluation, design and implementation of solutions come from you. You work within your own system. The coach facilitates that dynamic process by challenging your assumptions, and consistently checks whether your objectives are being met in accordance with the timeline you set forth for yourself.
It all begins with a highly effective Business Strategy, considering every facet of your organization that will serve as your road map to success. The initial Business Plan will include:
- A Vision Statement (“why” the company exists clearly defined for employees and customers)
- A Mission Statement (a description of “what” the company produces or sells for the benefit of investors and upper level management)
- Action Steps (“How” the company intends on succeeding)
A Coach will work one-on-one with you and drive you to:
- Examine your role within your business.
- Set SMART goals for you and your employees.
- Create a system to motivate, evaluate and reward performance.
- Prioritze your time and address urgent needs.
- Leverage technology and financial data to guide intelligent strategic planning.
- Build successful sales teams around a corporate culture that accurately reflects your brand.